Thursday, March 13, 2014

Citrus Cleaner & Ant Begone!



About 2.5 weeks ago I came across this blog post from Kitchen Stewardship and decided to give it a try.  I am really shying away from chemical cleaners in my home since I had an allergic reaction to homemade laundry soap. I am amazed how well this stuff worked!!!  Not only did it clean my microwave, stove and counter tops but also I had an issue with tiny ants and they are gone too!  I used about a ratio of about 5:1 vinegar to water.  If you want it to disinfect add about 10-12 drops of tea tree oil.  I am truly amazed at the results.

Here's how to do it.

Fill a jar with orange, lemon, or grapefruit peels
Cover with distilled white vinegar
Set it on the counter for about 2 weeks
Shake when you think about it.

Add some to a spray bottle, top it off with water and spray.

It smells clean and fresh like oranges and even took off the grime under my stove vent!

Go ahead and give it a try.  It is so much more cost effective than those store bought natural cleaners and it works!  I would love to hear your results in the comments.

Thanks for stopping by,
Quirky Urban Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment