Monday, May 30, 2016

Casting off and Casting on along with dating woes


Hello and Welcome!
I am so excited to show you my latest FO. It is the Ballerina Shawl by Ela Torrente
It is absolutely beautiful. I must admit though I did not follow the pattern exactly. The cable section was just too much for my brain. It included cabling across over 300 stitches and I am just not ready for that yet. I need to sharpen my skills. I wanted to add a leaf border but the pattern that I had made huge leaves and I decided it would look weird. It could have worked if I would have left maybe the short row section off. Nevertheless I am so happy with my shawl it will be so nice to use this summer in restaurants and other places that decide to over AC. I don't know if they do this in other parts of the country but here in Phoenix I think I get more use of jackets and such in the summer because of AC than I ever do in the winter.  I used Brava Worsted from Knit Picks in the Current Colorway
Here is a photo of the wingspan
Isn't it beautiful. Simple but lovely!
Again I will say that I am so happy with it.

Okay so now onto my WIPs


Still working on Hermione's Everyday Socks
I really love the fun texture of the pattern and it breaks up the potato chipness of the stockinette stitch leg nicely.
I am a bit sad though because I wanted to change out my DPNs and go onto two circulars. I had one and I ordered the other from Knit Picks and whoever put the needle into the bag was not paying attention and put a size US3 into a US2 bag so I have the wrong needle. No big deal, mistakes happen. However, it's a Holiday weekend and I cannot address this issue with them until Tuesday. HUMPH! I really wanted to see if the two circulars would speed up my sock knitting and get these babies off the needles and onto my feet!


This week's Cast Ons

I needed a take-along project for my lunch break at work and for other times when I am stuck waiting someplace and need something to do besides hang out on my phone. I am using some Patton's yarn that I had sitting in my stash and I must say I am enjoying the striping. It is living in my Sugar Skull Bag by SpinnersEndStudio. This one is sold out but she has some really fun ones at her shop. She will also do some custom orders.  The stitch marker I am using for this and for my next cast on is from Little Bit Fae Hand-Dyed Yarns  they are beautiful cobalt blue and are perfect for a small needle beginning of round marker and for a progress marker when knitting tons of garter stitch! 


I also cast on Marelle by Melanie Berg. This pattern was a gift from my friend Shannon when I was in the hospital. So thoughtful.  And way longer lasting than flowers!!!
For this pattern I am using the suggested Knit Picks yarn Palette in the Oyster Heather and Midnight Heather colorways. 
This shawl is beautiful and has an Art Deco feel to it. I am using this one as a sort of training for Stephen West's Rockefeller that truly reflects the Art Deco Style.

Rockefeller by Stephen West
Now onto Dating Woes

I have decided that perhaps the spinster cat lady thing is working about as well as the knitting recluse is. From this decision I have chosen to give, once again, the online dating thing a try.
YIKES!
It has not been successful thus far!  At all, in no way. Well, Maybe not entirely, there is the laugh factor.
Case in point

Oh my! The Speedo, but mostly, the pose! What on earth gave this guy the idea that any of this would attract a woman? I have seen many crazy things on these dating sites and so far this one is the winner of "Most Cheeky Pose".
Do you see what I have to deal with here? Someone please save me! Perhaps I should just accept my lot as Crazy Spinster Cat Lady.

Anyway, that is all for now!
Enjoy your day and as always,
Stay Quirky my Friend




2 comments:

  1. The shawl is beautiful! And don't give up on the dating thing. After my husband died, I had no intention of getting involved with anyone, and a little over a year later, I met Michael. Even though I wasn't looking, it was the right time and place, and he was just the right one. The right guy will show up when you least expect it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Yeah I am not giving up but it's slim pickins out there! I am just enjoying the crazy for now!!

      Delete