Monday, May 16, 2016

Knit All the Things

  I have been busy finishing up lots of things! 
So I have some fun FOs to show you.
Let's get started shall we?


First I finished "An Author's Friend" 
This was a project for the "Little Bit Fae Knits Podcast" KAL 
This was a fun and relaxing knit.
As you can see it's orange. Yeah not my color...
Or is it?
I really like the way that it turned out. 
I used Brava Worsted from Knit Picks
I am also using it for the "YarnderWoman Podcast" Opposites KAL
This KAL is super fun. The rules are it has to be opposite of how you knit, colors, kind of project, it is really up to your creativity.
Mine qualifies because first it's orange, NOT a color that I would ever use. Second it is pretty much summer here in Arizona and this is clearly not a summer garment. 

Next up


Before felting (Hopper doesn't even care)


This is my 3rd felted project and I am truly pleased with how it turned out.
I went with my friend to Michael's to find some buttons and I found this cute Paton's yarn that is perfect for felting.  It is a super fast project. I cannot find the blog where I got the pattern and I cannot find the pattern on Ravelry. If you do please comment.
It was a fun, fast knit and the best part is I finished it in a day. Don't you just love instant gratification knitting? 


 Let's move on to WIPs shall we?


I am still working on the Ballerina by Ella Torrente.
I have decided to modify the pattern because there are over 300 stitches on the needles and I needed to cable all of them and well, just NO! 
I did 15 rows of 2x2 ribbing and now I am on the short rows and then I am going to add a leaf edging to bind it off. My brain just could not handle all those cables.


My Rose City Rollers will forever be a HO because I played the yarn chicken and lost!
I may cast on another pair. They are fun to knit. 

Whew! That's a lot! My fingers have been busy. 
Please let me know if there is any trouble with any of the links.

Now onto what's for dinner!
I am still on a quest for tasty healthy food. Wow! did I find something. 
I believe I heard about this recipe on the ACTuallyKnitting podcast. Infact yes, I just checked show notes and that is it. I didn't take a picture of this but all I can say is WOW! Sooooooo delicious!
What is it? Okay here ya go!
Trust me it's amazing.
The only modification I made was I put the sauce in with the chicken while I was cooking it.
It came out so good. I steamed some rice and broccoli to go with it.

Happy eating & Knitting. Until next time,

As always,
Stay Quirky my Friends! 

1 comment:

  1. Love them all. In fact I'll buy that orange shawl off you because orange IS my color. I'm wearing an orange sweater even as I type.

    ReplyDelete